How it works:
6 cup Chemex Coffee Maker
(30 grams of coffee / 450 grams of water = 1/15 ratio)
- 1 Measure approximately 30 grams of coffee beans. Set your grind at 18. Grind beans to a coarse sand consistency.
- 2 Insert filter into the Chemex with 3 folds facing the spout. Dampen filter and pre-heat brewer with warm water. Allow water to drain completely.
- 3 With filter in place, pour water out. Add coffee to filter and give gentle shake to even out grounds.
- 4 Place Chemex on scale, tare to zero and start timer.
- 5 Pour in 50 grams water to saturate the grounds and let bloom for 30 seconds.
- 6 Slowly add water in two stages, pouring in a circular motion to soak evenly:
STAGE A: 200 grams at 30 seconds
STAGE B: 200 grams at 1:10
TOTAL BREW TIME: 2:45
TOTAL WATER AMOUNT: 450 grams
- 7 Once the water has completely drained, remove filter, swirl the Chemex, pour and enjoy